Are You Optimizing Your Life?
If you are like many others, you are facing challenges and issues that make you question your work/career goals and direction; the nature of your relationships with friends, family and community, and often, an overarching if silently pondered question:
“Is this as good as it gets?”
You can thrive more than just survive, if you are willing to take a leap of faith and face your questions, disappointments, confusion, fear and anxiety: Aspects of your life that may have become your frequent, if unwanted, companions . You can discover new avenues to explore; new relationships that bring deep satisfaction; and changed ways of sharing your gifts at work, in relationship and in community.
Successfully negotiating life's trials often entails a 5-step process:
- Accept that life has changed and no amount of fighting or denying it will change that fact.
Assess and evaluate where you currently are in these 4 Aspects of Your Life:
- Self Awareness, self-knowledge, coming to terms with "what is"
- Relationships – past and present
- Spiritual– moving from the head to the heart
- Determine which areas continue to provide meaning and satisfaction and acknowledge others that contribute…well, not so much.
- Develop a life continuum plan aimed towards full engagement
- Implement new strategies, learn new skills, expand your curiosity, find your passion, be on-purpose.
Our clients, who implement this approach, are seeing their sense of meaning deepen; the quality of their relationships becoming increasingly rich and sustaining,and their work, experience and wisdom become transformative in their own lives as well as the lives of others. Most importantly they feel truly authentic as they live their lives.
These benefits, often hard fought for, sustain and strengthen us for the years ahead.
Leslie Malin, LCSW, ACSW, has workedwith individuals, families and organizations since 1978 to optimize:
- Life satisfaction
- Meaning and purpose at work, at home, and in community
- Authentic relationships that are emotionally, spiritually & intellectually sustaining.